[Freeciv-Dev] Answer to not-reproduced/51 (PR#454)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Answer to not-reproduced/51 (PR#454)
From: jens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have seen this one when I click into the map while the client still is
stuck in some data transfer or other rutines. The problem is ihmo
following:

1. client working, unable to handle events

2.1 overkeen user clicks into the map with the old clipping and expects
to have
   pointed to the old position

2.2 if user is expecting a immediate reaction, repeat to 2.1

3. client is finished with work and updates the map to new position
(perhaps to where
   the next unit without orders is)
4. client handles click events now relativly to the new position.

thus leading to a compleately unexpected view in the main window.

My suggestion is simply to drop click- events into the main or map
window before updating the map after a turn. (3.5 drop events)

        Regards,

        Jens