[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Working on client APIs

To: Jed Davis <jldavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Working on client APIs
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:35:33 +0200

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:43:57PM -0400, Jed Davis wrote:
> Oops.  I read "client-side AI" and for some reason thought "integrated into
> the GUI client", which is not the best idea for an independant AI (or IMHO
> the best idea for scripting, for that matter).  It all makes a lot more
> sense now.  (Of course, if one wanted to observe a client-side AI, or use a
> partial AI (i.e. scripting) multiple connections per player would be
> needed.)

You mean one full control connection and serveral others which will get
infos from the server but are not able to send commands? Sounds good.

> Never mind the multiple-process stuff; it was based on an incorrect
> interpretation.

But under the assumption that some kind of parallel execution is needed
multiple processes are a solution. And in a heterogenous environment
(different languages) presumably easier than multithreading.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Just because you put a flag on the moon doesn't make it yours, it just