[Freeciv-Dev] Serious bugs (PR#450)

To: "Venger" <venger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Serious bugs (PR#450)
From: akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Kemnade)
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 20:59:45 +0200 (CEST)

Venger writes:

 > Connecting using Win98...
 >
 > Using the MetaServer option...exceptions out.

configure has found the function fdopen and puts a #define
HAVE_FDOPEN into config.h. But fdopen cannot be used with sockets (what
is done when updating the meta server list) on win32. I have simple to
undefine it in win32.

 > Connecting to one of the servers on this page...creates 30 tasks in the task
 > bar until I get a GDI error.

I could successfully connect to civserver.freeciv.org. I can't
reproduce that bug.

I am on vacation next week, so I cannot fix it now.

Greetings,
Andreas Kemnade
akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx