[Freeciv-Dev] PATCH to FreeCiv CVS-Jul-15

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] PATCH to FreeCiv CVS-Jul-15
From: Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:16:39 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

here a bit larger patch related to the Amiga port of FreeCiv. Sebastian
Sebauer has not yet time this week, so I submit it directly. It does not
change anything outside amiga and client/gui-mui directory. Sebastian
could not yet test it because of lacking time, but as I use standard SDK's
and the same compiler, there should no problems. Sebastian agreed to send
it. The diff style is like for CVS-diffs with ../../freeciv-Jul-15/freeciv/
directory.

Generally improvements:
a) Made files more independant from Sebastians system (e.g. removing C++
   comments, added second Amiga TCP-SDK support).
b) Adding some missing GUI-MUI features.

Modified files:
amiga directory:
 amigaserver.c, amigaclient.c, config.h, ReadMe.developer, smakefile,
 _main.c
client/gui-mui directory:
 chatline.h, citydlg.c, citydlg.h, cityrep.c, cityrep.h, colors.h,
 dialogs.c, dialogs.h, diplodlg.h, graphics.h, gui-mui.c, gui-main.h,
 helpdlg.h, mapclass.c, mapclass.h, mapctrlc.c, mapview.c, mapview.h,
 objecttreeclass.c, optiodlg.h, overviewclass.c, overviewclass.h,
 plrdlg.c, repodlgs.c, scrollbuttonclass.c, spaceshipdlg.c,
 spaceshipslg.h, worklistclass.c

New files:
 client/gui-mui/inputdlg.c
 client/gui-mui/inputdlg.h

I promise it is the last time I change that much files! It is only because
of that C++ comments, which are not accepted by every compiler. Now the
useless ones got removed and the other got normal C style comments.

Changes in detail (based on CVS-Snapshot of 15.07.2000):
( Only affects amiga and client/gui-mui directory )
- Fixed Enforcer hit, when tiles.ilbm did not exist (mapclass.c)
- Fixed typo error in mapclass.c.
- Removed unused variables in gui-mui modules
- Adapted amiga source to compile with MIAMI_SDK and on my machine
  as well.
- Changed the smakefile a lot to allow better machine independant making.
  Well that patch is that big only because of the smakefile.
- Fixed unnuke stuff, which was partially implemented only by non-Amiga
  authors :-).
- Fixed and appended to amiga/ReadMe.developer
- Selecting buy in city view, closing city view and clicking on buy caused
  Enforcer hit and the action was not done. The buy confirm function gets
  pcity instead of pdialog now (which may have been obsolete in between).
- Added "Buy" button in city report.
- Removed C++ comments (better support for different compilers).
- Added "Rename" button to city view. Created inputdlg.c and inputdlg.h
  and changed newcity request to use this instead (like in GTK client).

And now some BUGS. Only for information. I will fix some of them soon and
Sebastian will do the other ones (I think :-).

BUGS:
- GUI-MUI: does not yet support set_unit_icon
- GUI-MUI: does not yet support set_unit_icons_move_arrow
- GUI-MUI: Sometimes when pressing right mouse and choosing goto or build
  road from menu for settlers, units, ... the command is ignored.
- GUI-MUI: Buttons Change, Configure, Refresh of City report do not work.
- GUI-MUI: Main window message options missing.
- GUI-MUI: Creating a new (empty) worklist and renaming it causes total
  Enforcer problem.
- GUI-MUI: Main window "Export Log" does nothing?
- GUI-MUI: Clicking in the main window map view, while game is not yet
  active results in city view call, which is not available --> Enforcer,
  disconnect
- Renamed city is not immediately updated in main map view (next turn only).
  GUI-MUI or general?

Ciao
|    |  |  |    |  | \  / |  |    | the cool Gremlin from Bischofswerda
|  __   |   ____|  |  \/  |  |    | WWW: http://home.pages.de/~stoecker/
|    |  |  |       |      |  |    | PGP key available on www page.
|____| _|_ |____| _|_    _|_ |____| I hope AMIGA never ends to make fun!

* snail-mail: Dirk Stoecker              * e-mail:                     *
*             Geschwister-Scholl-Str. 10 * stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx     *
*             01877 Bischofswerda        * phone:                      *
*             GERMANY                    * GERMANY +49 (0)3594/706666  *