[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: game.ruleset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: game.ruleset
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:14:09 -0400

½²«íµØ (iquin@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> One suggestion: trash_excess_food_after_growth
> and trash_excess_shield_after_production_complete
> (or some shorter names)

Better still: generalize these to integers!  For SMAC compatibility,
we'll need to retain up to 10 shields after an item is built, but trash
everything after 10.  Freeciv keeps all extra shields, and Civ1/Civ2/CTP
keep *no* extra shields.

Here's a patch (vs. CVS from the evening of Jun 30).  Defaults are what
Freeciv already uses.  Rulesets for Civ1 and Civ2 are adjusted.  If we
had a data/smac.serv file, it should contain "set keepextrashields 10".

I've compiled this, and I started the server and checked the help for the
new rules, and changed one of them, but I haven't play-tested it yet.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers