[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problems compiling with updated po-file

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problems compiling with updated po-file
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 01:08:30 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know whether it is a bug or my mistake:
>
> Vers: 1.10.2 BETA XAW-Client on Linux i386 2.0.13 (SuSE 6.1 Dist.)
>
> I replaced the german de.po file in po/ with the
> updated on, then
>
> ./configure
> make
>
> gives an Error 127 and said:
> bin/sh: no: command not found
>
> Same error occured when doing
>
> make de.gmo
>
> in /po directory.
>
> I was able to correct this error in po/Makefile
> by replacing the lines
>
> GMSGFMT = PATH=../src:$$PATH no
> MSGFMT = no
>
> with
>
> GMSGFMT = PATH=../src:$$PATH /usr/bin/msgfmt
> MSGFMT = /usr/bin/msgfmt
>
> (I looked it up in 1.10.0 source)

So what did configure say around the part with:
  checking for gettext in libc...
  checking for msgfmt...
  checking for dcgettext...
  checking for gmsgfmt...
  checking for xgettext...
?

Also try doing "rm config.cache" and then re-running configure.

(Another possibility is differences between "release" distributions
and doing development, regarding somewhat different Makefiles and
assumptions/requirements about tools etc, though I don't really see
how that could give this particular problem.)

Regards,
-- David