[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problematic translation

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problematic translation
From: Martin Christensen <factotum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Jun 2000 12:15:33 +0200

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Jeff> This idea has been kicking around the lists for awhile (see
Jeff> <http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200002/msg00219.html>).
Jeff> Yet, nobody has stepped up and volunteered to do the work (it
Jeff> looks like a big, tedious and thankless chore).

Well, Jeff, I don't see how it can be anything but a distributed
job. The source itself could be taken care of in an afternoon,
provided that five or so people contribute. They'd have to describe
their changes, and then the rest is up to the translators.

Jeff> Maybe we can get things started by simply going through the
Jeff> freeciv.pot file and looking for all the kinds of variants we
Jeff> need (perhaps this could be done by someone with better grammar
Jeff> skills than I).  This could be a kind of "spec" for the job.

I'm all for that, but until the 26th my time is very limited, as I
have a project at uni to defend. My grammar skills... well, they
should be up to the task. After all, English is not my native
language, so I should stand a fair chance at speaking it well. :-P

Martin