[Freeciv-Dev] Re: configure problem with mandrake 7.1

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: configure problem with mandrake 7.1
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 19:41:26 +0200

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 05:39:16PM +0100, Sam BC wrote:
> Aside form the obvious messages about missing libs (eg IMLIB), there seems
> to be a slight irregularity that it checked everything twice, in an AABB
> pattern... I know nothing about the configure script, but *why* does it do
> that?

No idea ...

> > I cant get freeciv to ./configure under mandrake 7.1
> > tried both 1.10 and 1.10.2
> > this is what is tells me..
> >
> > [jussi@a6b freeciv-1.10.2]$ ./configure
> > creating cache ./config.cache
> > checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> > checking for working aclocal... found
> > checking for working autoconf... found
> > checking for working automake... found
> > checking for working autoheader... found
> > checking for working makeinfo... found
> > checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
> > no
> > checking for mawk... mawk
> > checking for gcc... gcc
> > checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
> > checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
[...]
> > checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
> > no
> > checking for mawk... mawk
> > checking for gcc... gcc
[...]
> > checking for which client to compile:
> > checking for gtk-config... /usr/bin/gtk-config
> > checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.1... yes
> > checking for imlib-config... no
> > checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.9.2... no
> > *** The imlib-config script installed by IMLIB could not be found
> > *** If IMLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> > *** your path, or set the IMLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
> > *** full path to imlib-config.
> > checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
[...]
> > checking for which client to compile:
> > checking for gtk-config... /usr/bin/gtk-config
> > checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.1... yes
> > checking for imlib-config... no
> > checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.9.2... no
> > *** The imlib-config script installed by IMLIB could not be found
> > *** If IMLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> > *** your path, or set the IMLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
> > *** full path to imlib-config.
> > checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
[...]
> > checking for XpmReadFileToPixmap in X library -lXpm... no
> > configure: error: could not guess which client to compile
> >
> > mandrake 7.1 is newly installed and even comes with freeciv 1.10 ..
> > i've never had problems before ( with mandrake 6.1/7.0 or redhat )
> > anybody know what's wrong?

Apparently, you installed neither imlib nor the Xpm lib development
package; Freeciv needs one of these.  They must have been installed
on your previous Mandrake installation; whether this is a difference
in what you selected for installation or a difference in Mandrake's
own defaults I don't know.

--
Reinier