[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states patch

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomatic states patch
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 10:29:41 +0200

>On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 01:58:54PM +0200, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
>> IIRC, in payciv you did not need an embassy to have a meeting. I think it
>> should either be made that way, inclusive a free first meeting, or kept
>> the way it is now.
>
> There were three ways to enter the diplomatic dialogs:
>
> 1) initial meeting of any kind of unit anywhere.

Small note:
    You could loose contact with other nations. Treaties survive contact
    ( but you loose the opportunity to calm donw the AI ).
    This meant u could sometimes initiate first contact
    diplomacy with other nations repeately by moving your
    unit close to (e.g.) a phalanx that had been dropped on your continent.
    The ai sometimes behaved like as if it knew this too( it would usually
    respect the irrigated area around your cities, but after some time enter
it).

[Ai allying against big players]

My impression was that AI often attacked you when your powergraph was
crossing above their powergraph ( "power" is not equal score ).