[Freeciv-Dev] Re: gamespot on freeciv

To: stevenshultz@xxxxxxxxxx, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Paul Zastoupil)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: gamespot on freeciv
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 13:12:42 +0200

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 02:38:35AM -0700, Steven Shultz wrote:
> sorry
> don't mean to seem like a newbie, I hit ctrl return by accident

Too late :)

> http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/features/pc/linux/p2_01.html

Maybe we should have a backlink in the News section.

> Your game looks awesome!
> I've wanted to implement my own civ game myself, but as you have shown, it is
> a big task that can benefit from the contributions of many people.
>
> Let's see if I can get my coding skills up and take a crack at contributing

Well, one thing we need is a native Windows port ... I (as the FAQ
maintainer) have Andreas Kemnade's description if what he did to
create one for a pre-1.10.0 development version, but there is no
1.10.0 version yet.  For some reason www.freeciv.org is unreachable
so I can't verify this now.

--
Reinier