[Freeciv-Dev] Re: handle_unit_attack_request

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: handle_unit_attack_request
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 01:22:00 +0000 (GMT)

> The idea is that they should never have got that far, but should have
> been caught in handle_unit_move_request(), which would have displayed a
> normal error message. Those you see are just sanity checks.
>
> -Thue

Compiled with gcc -E (and DNDEBUG), it gives

 do { if (( 0  ) != 3 ) { real_freelog(( 0  ),"Trying to attack a unit
with which you have peace or cease-fire at %i, %i",
            def_x, def_y ); } } while(0) ;

    abort();

I don't fully understand what happens in log.c. But, I'm almost sure
civserver write your message, terminate and never reach your abort.
Well, it's only a cosmetic little change. It's true that it's more
interesting to work on gotohand, fog of war, goto for planes and ... !

Bye and happy coding,