Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Historical information like in civ2?

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Historical information like in civ2?
From: "Erik Sigra" <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:22:36 +0200

Hi,
I can't remember seing any historical information when playing Freeciv. But
in Civ2 there was. To make Freeciv compatible with Civ2 this must be added!
The programming part is probably easy and the rest can be done by people who
are not familiar with C/GTK+ but want to contribute in some way. Civ players
are in general very interested in history so they would like and use this
feature. At least in single player mode.

When I was in High School we had a discussion about using Civ2 in the
History course. Of course that didn't happen but maybe it coud happen
somewhere if there was a free alternative. That would be Freeciv. And it
could be done with relatively little effort. What do you think?