Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Fixes bug where a settler building

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] thue: Fixes bug where a settler building a city on t...
From: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 07:15:09 -0600

At 7:41 AM -0700 5/25/00, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[snip]
>Also, when a tile with rivers were changed to ocean we now remove the
>rivers. Later this should be changed so that rivers have no effect on ocean
>tiles and are not drawn in the client, meaning that they don't have to be
>removed and will reappeared if the tile is later transformed to land again.

How about checking if the land tiles ajecent to the square in question
contain rivers?  If they do, you could logically assume that the river
flows into the ocean square you were working on and would be extended into
that square to continue to the ocean.
ex: (g=grassland, r=river+grassland, o=ocean, x=square being changed, s=swamp)
grgo
gxoo
gsgo

I haven't looked at the code, but if the ocean->swamp conversion doesn't
check for situations like the one above you could have the folowing (same
letters)

grgo
gsoo
gsgo