Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] goto cleanup

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] goto cleanup
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 01:30:46 +0200

Once again - getting close to acceptable.

Does:
-Remove code from find_the_shortest_path that tried made sure units
moving from a transport could move due to ZOC. (units can always move fro
ocean onto land.)
-Rewrite/remove horribly tangled dir_ok/dir_ect.
-integrate the used parts of some functions into the part of
find_the_shortest_path that used them (each only used a small part), and
move the functions to aiunit.c as they were used by other functions there.
-Rewrite the handling of RR loops. I am not wholly sure how they were
avoided before, but from what I could understand this is at least as
smart.
-Rename lots of variables
-Document document document.

I think the new find_the_shortest_path should be a bit faster, especially
for sea units. But for some reason the server became unresponsive after
some time when linked with the profiler libraries.

-Thue