Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Airunits with groundunit transporter capability

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Airunits with groundunit transporter capability
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 00:43:04 +0200

With this patch they should work.

Because fo the hack in update_unit_activity(), which abuses the fuel
variable, airunits that are airunit transports don't work.
I think airunits that can transport all airunits would have issues (like,
bundle two and they have infinite range), and should be disallowed. But
if the hack in update_unit_activity() was removed fx bombers that could
carry nuclear missiles would work fine. (I think from looking at the
code, haven't tried.)

Removing that hack would be relatively simple, so if anybody want to give
it a try go ahead. (I am feeling a little lazy here).

-Thue