Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] nb: Robert Brady <rwb197@xxxxxxxxxx> has

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: rp@xxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] nb: Robert Brady <rwb197@xxxxxxxxxx> has reported th...
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:10:44 +0000 (GMT)

> Just guessing, but it could be considered easier and safer to
> simply go through game.players[] and count how many are barbarians.

   Whatever we do, it's safiest to do it in only one place. To be sure of
nbarbarians, we can through all the players and check the result. If this
test is validated, it's ok to calculate nbarbarians by update if not it's
better to iterate through all the players. Fog of war is updated when
needed. And, it's much more complicated than nbarbarians.

  Talking of fog of war, there are much simalarities between fog of war
(fow) and zone of control (zoc). Can zoc can updated as fow ? Can zoc's
rules be modified so that fog of war and zoc have the same meaning most
of the time ?

Bye,