Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: blocking server (PR#335)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: blocking server (PR#335)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 08:11:22AM -0700, Bastian Hecht wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The civserver at civserver.freeciv.org:5557 is blocked by me. I wanted
> to start a game some days ago, but my connection hung. It was a dialup
> connection from my computer at home, so it´s impossible that the program
> still has a connection to me. I´m sorry that I can´t give an explicit
> bug report, because I can´t remember the details what happened any more.

The actual 'bug' here is the fact that only those with shell access
to civserver.freeciv.org can correct this situation, using a quite
arcane procedure (you have to echo a /quit command to the end of
the right civserver.in file).  Actually, 5556 was hung, too, in
'gave over' status with 0 players.  Both are now free for use again.

--
Reinier