Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Chunnel

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Chunnel
From: "Sam BC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:22:39 +0100

The tunnel is NOT called the chunnel. That was a strange contraction that
appeared before the tunnel was fully built. Chunnel is actually a
contraction for Channel Tunnel (a tunnel under the channel, geddit? :o),
which is now in itself not entirely correct. The proper name (as chosen by
the 'owners') is the EuroTunnel.

Trust me, I've been through it enough and it was a recurring item on British
news for a loooooong time.

Sam BC

Original text: