Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] [beta patch] Full fog of war

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [beta patch] Full fog of war
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:17:55 +0100

WIth this patch you will not get information about cities or terrain changes
from fogged squares.
Stops too much info from being sent to non-owners of cities.

Each player have his own map of player_tile's and cities.
The savegame size has grown alot as these maps have to be saved.

I optimized a good deal of the original fog of war code in the process.
it will not load old savegames. (I will fix this)
It allocates all the private player maps regardless of the actuall number of
players; (I'll change that)
I forgot to put in a capability string and I am to lazy to do it now. :)
see various FIXME's for enhancments.

It needs a good deal more testing. (Ha - looking at the code for a revolution
should be good enought. Real men test their code in the head!)

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/full_fog_of_war-Mar-22.diff.bz2

-Thue