Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Idea

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Idea
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 22:57:42 +0100

Hello freecivers

I had another idea. What do you think about an option which will give you a
message if you can buy a thing. You just say "Give me a message if:
 - a normal building would take at least t turns and
 - (it costs m money or less to buy it and you have the money or
 - it costs less than p percent of the current amount of money you have)"

I think it would be a useful especially in the middle and end game.
Should such an option global or local to a city? At this time I would think
a global option would be more useful since it should and would make the
gameplay more simple. A menu entry analog to the tax rate?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Using only the operating-system that came with your computer is just