Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] BeOS client submission (PR#316)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] BeOS client submission (PR#316)
From: jrb3@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 11:29:26 -0800 (PST)

        This submission submits the groundwork for the BeOS for Freeciv client.
It's a 256000-byte tarfile, anonymous-FTP'ed to the incoming/ directory on
freeciv.freeciv.org.

        This is a complete drop-in replacement for the current contents of
client/gui-beos/, and requires patches to bugs 314 and 315 for correct
compilation.  #314 allows the common/* code to compile;  #315 prevents
configure.in from regenerating client/gui-beos/Makefile, which is not to
be deleted at all!

        Right now, the client executes acceptably as a BeOS application.
However,
all it shows is some GUI layout, alerts on unimplemented functionality (almost
everything), and what should be correct operation of menus.  I submit it so
that others can poke at it, and in case I get called away by a primary client
at an inconvenient time.  I hope to have additional functionality done in the
next two weeks.  (This version is out to a handful of testers for some initial
feedback.)

                Joseph Beckenbach