[Freeciv-Dev] valutas + killcitizens patch; Dutch nation (was: Valutas)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] valutas + killcitizens patch; Dutch nation (was: Valutas)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:00:45 +0100

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 12:26:53PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> here is valutas + killcitizen

1. Can you split the patches?  killcitizen is uncontroversial.

2. I agree with others, valutas must be optional; too many problems
   have been raised, mainly with translation.  Half of what you have
   is anglicized, half of it isn't.

3. Looking over the nations, I noticed the Dutch flag has the tag

   f.holland

   Holland is a Dutch province, with a flag of its own.
   The proper name of our country is 'the Netherlands'.  So

   f.netherlands

   would be more accurate.

   The difference is like England/UK, but on a smaller scale.
   I can create a Holland nation just to prove my point,
   if anyone is interested.

  (Incidentally, 'the Netherlands' originally referred to a patch of land
   that included much of Belgium, and that was governed from Brussels;
   before 1579.)

--
Reinier