[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv windows networking madness? (PR#276)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv windows networking madness? (PR#276)
From: orange.juice@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:43:30 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Jens Jindrak
Version: 1.9.0
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: Win98
Submission from: (NULL) (149.225.54.214)

Hello,

I was tracking the network activity of both the client and server through my
firewall. Both don't just connect to each other... they keep scanning ports on
the local network forever, filling my logs with heaps of trash. They continously
connect to each other through local loopback, but 0 bytes are sent, the
connection is terminated and reattempted on the next port number. This then
continues forever. I am using the X-Win32 server from Starnet.