[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Experience and questions after some game

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Experience and questions after some games
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 07:52:58 -0500

At 2000/02/25 05:29 , Raimar Falke wrote:
>Suppose I'm a bit fearful, than I see two ways:
> - disable huts and maybe increase the starting money and techs or
> - shift the barbarians option by one:
>     0 - no barbarians
>     1 - passive barbarians in huts
>     2 - active barbarians in huts
>     3 - normal rate of barbarian appearance
>     4 - frequent barbarian uprising
>     5 - raging hordes, lots of barbarians

I'd prefer to leave the "barbarians" option as it is.  If you want to
control huts, add a "goodies" (?) option, that controls what kinds of
things may be found in huts.  Perhaps:
  0 - huts are always empty
  1 - always good (never empty)
  2 - never bad (may be empty)
  3 - good/empty/bad mix (default -- just like now) [1/12 bad]
  4 - increased change of bad [1/6 bad]
  5 - greatest chance of bad [1/3 bad]

jjm