[Freeciv-Dev] Re: gtk-client Player-dialog spacehip-button (PR#262)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: gtk-client Player-dialog spacehip-button (PR#262)
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:57:44 +0100

>On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 04:31:12PM -0800, David Pfitzner wrote:
>> - I think this matches Civ1 (don't know about Civ2; actually, to
>> match Civ1 more closely should probably get messages for each
>> spaceship part build by opponents);
>
> Really?
> I know you get a message on spaceship start and spaceship launch.
>But do you really get progress messages as things go along?  That sounds
>really broken.

It is broken and it is the civ1 way to do it. There was an option to turn it
off,
but it also applied to your own spaceship as far as I remember.
The civ1 messages are actually full screen graphics.
It would be much better to get a summary report (or maybe animation
sequence) after all production had been done instead of spaceship
messages/popups
interleaved with normal game graphics.
Maybe you could define more specific spaceship message events like:
- Habitation module 3 built and connected.
- Energy module 2 built and connected.
- Drive 4 built and connected.
- Supply module 2 built and connected.

just my 2 cents