[Freeciv-Dev] Re: It's a game already!

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: It's a game already!
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:39:24 +1100

Mike Jing wrote:
> Wed, 16 Feb 2000 Dan Ward <danward2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Splitting the game up into historical, ancient & modern civilisations
> >is a really bad idea; IMO mixing eras was one of the reasons that >made
> >PayCiv great. In what way does this arbitrary separation make
> >the game more fun the play?
>
> Agreed.  It would only be a problem if the same civilization appears
> as more than one nation in the same nations ruleset, e.g. the ancient
> Romans and the mordern Italians.  Maybe we should ask some Italian
> players for their opinion on whether this is desirable or not.  For
> me, one Chinese nation is enough.  :-)

My opinion is that there is no good reason not to have both the Romans
and the Italians. They're not the same afterall. I can't think of any
Italians that I know who consider themselves to be Romans. It does bring
the problem of identically named cities up again, although it doesn't
bother me at all. CivII replicated city names fairly often.

Regards,
Steve Hodge