[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated cities

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated cities
From: "Moses Lei" <trumpkin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:48:32 -0500

> I pushed this count down to 2 duplicates : Cordoba (.argentina, .spain)
> and Thebae (.egypt, .greece).

About duplicate city names, why don't we make it a server option to force
unique city names-- or is this already in the code? i.e. If Greeks built
Thebae first, when it gets around to the Egyptians building Thebae, the
server will just skip that name and suggest the next one; also not allowing
renaming or customizing to result in a duplicate name.

I also agree with whoever said that we should get on with real development
issues instead of arguing over proper nation borders and etc. About the
senate-- if we're going to use advisors, has someone drawn pictures of them
(civ1 style, maybe) or scanned or something... it'd be a nice touch.

Moses