[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Gl client probs

To: Rob <spurius@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Gl client probs
From: Franck Guillaud <f.guillaud@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:41:34 +0100 (CET)

           Hello,

     You could focus on the linux platform for now, using the gtk client
as a base. Try to write portable code and when all will be finshed, see
the state of the windows gtk port, and port your client.

     If Windows is your primary target, you can go with SDL or glut and
port on unixes later. I've all the net client code packaged in two source
files if you wish, usefull to start a client from scratch.

        Anyway, choose a primary target first, with portability in mind,
and port later ;-)

                         Franck.

PS1: My own OGL client as been ported to SDL. A perl interpreter is
embedded. Network seems functionnal. Now focusing on graphics.

PS2:My net code is grabbed from the gtk client and the common/ dir
in the sources. Do you know if this is code portable accros
Win32, BeOS and Linux ?