[Freeciv-Dev] Re: capital falls, spaceship doesn't

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: capital falls, spaceship doesn't
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 17:45:16 +1100

Jeff Mallatt wrote:
> I noticed that when a civ is building a spaceship, and it's capital is
> taken, the spaceship is *not* destroyed unless it's already launched.
> According to the Civ2 manual, it should be destroyed if it is either being
> built or already launched.  The Civ1 manual is less clear, but seems to
> imply the same behavior.

That's definitely what happens in both CivI and CivII. In CivII if you
have enough money (and maybe the right government type?) the owner of
the defeated capital gets the option to shift the government to another
city (of size > 10 or 12, I think). I believe it costs 1000. I'm not
100% sure about the details because I don't have my manual handy.

Regards,
Steve Hodge