[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Switching production types

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Switching production types
From: Andrew Mcguinness <cogers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:21:37 -0800 (PST)

] Corin Anderson <corin@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
]
]  >   * Free switching (all you want!) on the turn
during which the city
]  >     completes building something;
]
]  I'm not quite sure on this one. If a city is
building a wonder that gets
]  obsolete, shield_stock is very large, he can churn
out 1 unit per turn,
]  build 1 improvement per turn etc, is that correct?
]
]  The fact that (afaik) surplus shield_stock is kept
makes it a very
]  powerful feature, and free switching would even
increase this.
]
]  (If I'm correct about shield_stock being kept, that
is :)
]
]  I imagine someone that has 7-800 shield stock
switching to armor,
]  producing 1 per turn the next 10 turns. Too
powerful IMO :-)
]

The solution would be for the "free change" to apply
only to the "leftover" shields after something is
completed, not to shields saved up for something that
cannot now be built (i.e. a wonder someone else has built).