[Freeciv-Dev] display flaws with gtk engines

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] display flaws with gtk engines
From: Jarda Benkovsky <pvt.benkovsk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 15:56:16 +0100

Hi,

I use gtk-engines with BlueHeart (pixmap) theme. As the theme is rather
dark,
there are apparent some visual flaws in freeciv GTK client which could
be avoided:

1) the turn done button is white text on almost white bg. this is caused
by
the following line in gui_main.c (469):

gtk_widget_set_style(turn_done_button,
gtk_style_copy(turn_done_button->style));

If this line is taken away, it looks good in every theme I've tested.
What's the
purpose of this line, anyway?

2) notify_dialog_style always uses black text. It would be nice if the
text color
would be same as label text color, in this case white. But I was unable
to get
properly colored style (always black on (sigh) black). Any hints?

3) similar for labels in city dialog

4) Wishlist: the freeciv icon (map of Europe) is not really nice, IMHO.
And it's
too big for WindowMaker. IMHO it would be nice to have active unit as an
icon (if
possible).
                                                Edheldil