[Freeciv-Dev] [patch] start with science rate 60%

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] start with science rate 60%
From: Greg Wooledge <gwooledge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:39:15 -0500

I seriously doubt that anyone leaves the science rate at 50%
intentionally, but sometimes I forget.  Since Civ2 starts the science
rate at 60%, Freeciv also should, right? ;-)

Every government form has a max-single-rate field of at least 60%,
so changing this constant should not be a problem.

I also wanted to have the science rate stay maxed after a revolution
(increasing if necessary), but there's currently no easy way to determine
whether the science rate was maxed before the revolution -- the current
government of Anarchy has a max-single-rate of 100, and there's no field
to store the previous government.  But if players think it would be good
to have the science rate set to the maximum whenever the government
changes, I'll code it.  (Does anyone know what Civ2 does in the case
where a player changes government, but didn't have the maximum possible
science rate before the revolution?)

CTP sets the science rate to the maximum whenever you change governments,
but CTP handles gold/science differently, so it's not quite the same
issue.