[Freeciv-Dev] Re: spurious modifications of config.h (PR#222)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: spurious modifications of config.h (PR#222)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 09:54:18 -0500

At 2000/01/05 07:32 , David Pfitzner wrote:
>Jeff Mallatt wrote:
>>
>> This is a patch to try to keep config.h from being changed on all
>> platforms except BeOS.

>(See http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200001/msg00025.html)
>
>Seems fine to me.  (Even on BeOS its not too bad, since it will only
>fix config.h once, and then stop?  Rather than now where it just keeps
>appending.)

That's what I was hoping, but the way configure decides whether or not to
update config.h is by building a new, temporary one, and doing a "diff".
Hence, because I've modified it, the "diff" finds changes and configure then
over-writes config.h, which my code then has to fix all over again...

Yes, at least there aren't multiple copies of the fix, and it's inside the
"#ifndef FC_CONFIG_H" ... "#endif".

jjm