[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Building and terrain dependencies

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Building and terrain dependencies
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 21:07:02 +0100

Hello Per

> So far the only terrains dependecies are "ocean" (port, harbour, etc),
> "hydro" (hydro plant, Hoover Dam) and "mountain" (may be of use for
> modpacks). Any other dependencies needed for modpacks?

I think it is maybe better to use the direct terrain names from
the terrain.ruleset (of course you must allow more than only one
terrain type, similiar to the partisan_req in the units.ruleset).
This would make it very general, but I don't have looked how much
more complicated this is...

Also a problem of this suggesten is maybe that the rivers are
no longer an own terrain type, so you probably have to add hardcoded
things for them (until specials get generalized)

Example for the Hoover Dam wonder:

need_terrain = "Mountains","Ocean","River_Special"

bye,
Sebastian Bauer