Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: small trade patch (with patch) (PR#200)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: small trade patch (with patch) (PR#200)
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 09:19:34 +0100

>>The patch
>>- changes TRADE_WEIGHT from 8 to 12
>>- makes some init functions use TRADE_WEIGHT instead of 8
>>- renames a single letter variable to a more telling name.
>
>This patch seems to do a lot more than what you describe:
>
>- a bunch of "claimed" stuff is added but not used
>- change use of production to use of production surplus
>- a check to not build a capital if already has one
BTW., the function built_elsewhere only works for wonders and ignores it's
second argument, the wonder - unless I'm blind. Makes it pretty misleading.

>- and, it includes your bodyguard patch
>
>Plus, the patch was broken in transmission, so I can't apply it.  (While it
>may make for extra work, I find it safest to always gzip a patch and send
>it as a binary attachment.)
>
>jjm

Thanks, that is too much. The attached patch:
- changes TRADE_WEIGHT from 8 to 12
    reasoning: AI should not build barracks for cities with only one shield
production.
- makes some init functions use TRADE_WEIGHT instead of 8
- renames a single letter variable to a more telling name.
- change use of production to use of production surplus
    reasoning: a city can only use its surplus production to build
    veteran units with the aid of barracks. Hence, only the surplus should
be used
    in the barracks profit calculation.

(A test with the above settings shows that a lot of barracks are still being
built.)

Did I miss anything else ?

Does zip (uncompress?) work too ? I haven´t got my bzip at hand right now.