Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civserver HELP and SHOW

To: Freeciv Developer <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civserver HELP and SHOW
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:30:22 -0500

Jules Bean (jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Egbert Hinzen wrote:

> > If you use civserver on a virtual terminal without X (like I do) the
> > commands HELP and SHOW are *not* very useful because a lot of the answer
> > runs out of the screen.

> Try shift-page-up

That may help sometimes, but it's not reliable.  The number of lines in
the scrollback buffer may decrease to 0 under many conditions, especially
if you flip between VT's.

And (un)fortunately, most modern computers probably print the text too
quickly for Ctrl-S/Ctrl-Q to be effective....

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers