Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: shared library problem (PR#176)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: shared library problem (PR#176)
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:49:37 -0800 (PST)

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

opi@xxxxxx (opi@xxxxxx) wrote:

> The civserver have the same problem but with the __register_frame_info symbol
> :-(

This usually happens when a shared library doesn't match the programs
compiled against it.  I don't know SuSE, but it sounds like something
I saw during part of the Debian unstable release a while back....

Anyway, I'd suggest recompiling Freeciv from source code with your new
compiler and libraries.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--

-------