Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: WARNING: Translations

To: garfy@xxxxxxxxxx, Freeciv Developer <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: WARNING: Translations
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:28:36 -0500

At 1999/11/14 15:47 , Egbert Hinzen wrote:
>Don't use a longer translation than the German string at the following:
>
>#: client/gui-gtk/menu.c:450 client/gui-xaw/menu.c:188
>msgid "Local Options"
>msgstr "Lokale Optionen"
>
>I tried s.th. longer before and - at least with the GTK-Client it always
>gives a "memory allocation error" if called.

This seems to be caused by a bug in translate_menu_path() in
client/gui-gtk/menu.c, where the code was allocating space for the
untranslated string, but then copying in the translated string.  This could
potentially cause problems for *any* menu item in the Gtk+ client.

I've attached a patch which I believe fixes this problem.

jjm