Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] barbarians patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] barbarians patch
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:58:02 -0500

Found a few problems with the latest barbarians patch:

1. Barbarians showed up in the scorelog file.
2. Barbarians showed up in the gamelog file.
3. Barbarians still entered huts; in doing so, if they triggered more
barbarians, the result seemed to be an infinite loop.

In the attached patch:  I fixed #1.  I made a minor change to address #2:
Barbarians no longer show up in the ranking, but events they participate in
still show up.  For #3, I tried really hard to keep barbarians from
entering huts (seems to work).

I noticed that when barbarians have explored an entire island, they simply
sit down and fortify and hang around for a very, very long time (perhaps,
forever?).  If a very long time, this seems sort of boring, and if forever,
this seems totally wrong, but I didn't look into how to change it.

jjm