Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ2 rapture size

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civ2 rapture size
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:52:00 +0200

On 1999-09-19 22:21:18, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
> I just tried this in an old Civ2 save game.  It seems that the minimum
> rapture size in Civ2 is 3 -- not 5, as it is in the civ2 and default
> rulesets for Freeciv.  Is there a reason for it being 5, here?

My guess would be that this depends on the difficulty level in civ2...
Did You check this for all levels?

This got me thinking:
Freeciv doesn't have a 'player difficulty' - only 'ai difficulty'...
All (or most?) stuff that is grouped into player difficulty in civ2
are server options in freeciv...
Maybe some command(s) should be added to very easily load difficulty
settings... That is - read a script, like the --read option does, only
simpler and after the server is started... That way You can find this
option easier than if You had to set all options Yourself or find a
startup script in some directory...

I think this might help newbies...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)