Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] civstyle effects (was: civ2 can't build adjoining cities)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] civstyle effects (was: civ2 can't build adjoining cities)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:07:08 -0400

At 1999/09/19 12:43 , Reinier Post wrote:

>Does anybody keep track of the exact effects of civstyle?

It's used in so few places, it's easy to grep for.

Currently, its effects are:
  - Civ2 exposes more area at the very start of a new game.
  - Civ2 allows the user to pick which improvement to pillage.
I plan on adding soon:
  - In Civ2, you can't build cities next to each other.
  - In Civ2, overflight of a hut causes it to disappear.
(Both of these patches have been posted to the dev list.)

I've been planning on changing the help text in stdinhand.c to exaplin the
exact effects of civstyle.  Perhaps, when I commit the two additions.

jjm