Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] City styles - patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] City styles - patch
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:57:52 -0400

At 1999/09/18 11:28 , Jerzy Klek wrote:
>Here is the city styles patch. A comment on tiles:
>I have drawan and I include tiles only for default tileset,
>I you start client with trident tileset it will use old tiles.
>My tiles are extremely hopeless so no need to criticize :-)
>but they are there so it's possible to test it. Someone
>maybe will draw a nice ones.
>As with leaders I fully adapted only Gtk client. Xaw client
>doesn't allow to choose a city style at game start, but it
>works and uses nations default styles.

At first glance, it looks good.

One small problem:  I tried to load an old save file, and it aborted
because there was no player0.city_style value.  In player_load() in
plrhand.c, you should probably use secfile_lookup_int_default(), and, if
city_style is not found, pick a reasonable default, based on the technology
level of the player.

Now, I'll look in to implementing the style selection for the Xaw client.

jjm