Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Lockup in GTK+ client (PR#125)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Lockup in GTK+ client (PR#125)
From: jesdynf@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:32:55 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Asher Densmore-Lynn
Version: 1.8.1
OS: Debian GNU/Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (209.197.193.232)

I'm not sure of how to reproduce it, but something finished researching at
the exact moment I had a root-window menu pulling itself down.

I don't know what -should- have happened, but the window appeared over the
pulldown menu. At this point, the root FreeCiv window locked up, refusing
to relinquish focus. It wouldn't give it to the smaller window, it wouldn't
give it to FvwmPager, and I couldn't escape the window or desktop at all.

When I went to my emergency console vterm and killed FreeCiv, X crashed.

Perhaps this is a problem relating to fvwm2 and/or GTK?

I'm running a fully updated Slink system here -- whatever versions it has, I've
got.