Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] (no subject)

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, \
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (no subject)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:23:57 -0300

@pet.utah.com.br
Subject: Scheme, yuck (Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Adding scripting language)

1: Scheme is not Lisp - similar, but different :-)

2: Guile is not (necessarily) Scheme. At least, it's not meant
to be.

I propose that we just go ahead and use Scheme, and leave
enought of a hook in our "library" to allow people who are
afraid of functional programming to write in some other way.

For an example of how to do that, I once wrote (and sometime in
the future even intend to finish) a thing called Sonya, wich
lets people write postfixed (stack-oriented) code in Guile. And
surprise, that wasn't too hard to do. (The objective was to
emulate PostScript, but after I wrote the basics I found out I
didn't know enought PostScript or Forth to emulate them.)

It should be at http://feast.netpedia.net/sonya/ if the orcs
didn't take it away to dreamland.

[]s,
                                               |alo