Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Slow response time (PR#104)

To: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Slow response time (PR#104)
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:26:04 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

  there is something which can be easy to check as init_warmap is
regenerated each time it is used it's to see if it's called twice for the
same unit. Another thing, each time the map is filled with 255. There are
map.x_size * map.y_size 255 added. The area of the move of the unit is
limited in a rectangle. We can fill with zeros only this area to clean
warmap for next use. It can be more difficult : perhaps we can store
the path found for a unit and use it instead of recalculating a new path.
I was wondering why there were warmap.cost and warmap.seacost.
Unecessary if can be removed if it is useless.

Well, there is code to type ! (gotohand.c version 2)

Bye,