Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Buildings ruleset

To: abies@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Buildings ruleset
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:01:38 +1000 (EST)

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> For now could_build_improvement(...) is heavily hardcoded. It would be
> good to put some of that things in ruleset, most notably prerequisite
> building. I'm not sure about others:
> - needed wonder
> - obsoleting wonder (only if owned by player ?)
> and few others (like 'river or mountain near').

Yes, this has been discussed before, and there were even some
patches to do some of this.  I think they were not used at the
time to maintain compatability then, but now would be a good
time to work on this.  (First step would be to convert the
buildings ruleset to the new-style ruleset format, which will
be best anyway for adding helptext in the ruleset file.)

Regards,
-- David