[Freeciv-Dev] Lalo finally beats the AI...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Lalo finally beats the AI...
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 06:07:07 -0300

I just introduced my brother to FreeCiv. Looks like adding the
two of us we have one full brain - we managed to beat an easy AI
that got cornered on a tiny piece of land in the same continent
as we. No, we were not different players - we were both
controlling the Mongols together against Caesar.

As for the 3 things people complained about FreeCiv a few months
ago:

* not so pretty - ok, now we have tilesets, and some of them
look awesome.

* no sound - we're already working on this one

* too hard. Well, I have to agree :-)

Perhaps the best thing to have would be a full "tutorial".
Second guess is a "too easy" or "brainless" AI level that, while
easy to beat, forces us to adopt good strategies. Perhaps it
could even send us messages on the chatline? Or a different AI
to send us these messages? "I'd rather go for Railroad if I were
you..."

My ex-wife (and very good friend) wants i18n to try - she
doesn't read a word of English.

On a partially related funny note, my brother then went on to
show me Age of Empires, with the words: "It's not as cool as
FreeCiv, but it's worth seeing". Be proud. Be very proud.

[]s,

Lalo

--
on the road and sigless