[Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion: "pedantic" server option :)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion: "pedantic" server option :)
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 22:04:23 -0400

  Ok, this is a fairly silly potential feature, but here you go...

  I was just thinking about the fact that lots of newb^H^H^H^Hpeople tend to
run everything as root; in particular, I see lots of connections to games like
xpilot and freeciv from "root@somehost".  I'd like a server option which, if
enabled, scolds players who do this when they connect.  I think I'd call
it "pedantic" :)  If no-one beats me to it I'll do it myself :)

  Daniel
--
There are many of us in this old world of ours who hold that things break
about even for all of us.  I have observed, for example, that we all get