[Freeciv-Dev] S_NONE in Solaris sys/signal.h (PR#68)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] S_NONE in Solaris sys/signal.h (PR#68)
From: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:29:29 -0700 (PDT)

Freeciv currently fails to compile for me on Solaris; I think
I have tracked down the problem:

- We use S_NONE as a special type in common/map.h;
- the terrain patch added an include for map.h in packets.h,
  which ends up meaning map.h gets included when we compile sernet.c;
- sernet.c also includes sys/signal.h, which on a Solaris machine
  I have access to has
     #define S_NONE          4
  which breaks the declaration of enum tile_special_type in map.h

(Or maybe slightly different, but the above is a likely scenario.)
(sys/signal.h is also included in the client/gui clinet.c files.)

I guess the easiest solution would be for us to rename S_NONE,
eg S_NO_SPECIAL ?

S_NONE currently only occurs a few times in the sources:
http://www.freeciv.org/other/lxr/search?v=cvs&string=S_NONE

Regards,
-- David