[Freeciv-Dev] Race select packet

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Race select packet
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 15:40:52 +0200

I propose changing layout/meaning of packet PACKET_SELECT_RACE. For now
it just gives bitfield of possible races - but their names and leader
names has to be hardcoded in client. My proposal is to send race and
leader names in separate packet and later use indexes indicating entry
from that list, not from hardcoded table.

Of course it will cause uncompatibility, so it would be best to
introduce this at the same time with some other packet changes -
especially map tile change (so server would decide exactly what tile to
use).

If anybody has any suggestions concerning deficienicies in current
packets or want to add/change some of them, please respond - it is
easier to make one big incompatible change then a lot of small.

Artur